Korea Democracy Foundation (KDF)
Call for Applications: 2017 KDF Global Democracy Fellowship
Deadline – June 10, 2017
The Korea Democracy Foundation’s (KDF) Institute for Korean Democracy (IKD) would like to invite 3 promising scholars or researchers to join the first Global Democracy Fellowship (GDF) program.
The KDF was established as a result of the passing of the Korea Democracy Foundation Act (Act 6495) on June 28, 200, with the aim to contribute to democracy promotion by carrying out projects to memorialize the democratization movement.
The Global Democracy Fellowship (GDF) program aims to further the discourse on democracy in Asia by providing a small research grant and networking opportunities with democracy advocates. Scholars will be granted a chance to partake in activities in partnership with civil society organizations engaged in democracy promotion.
Post-doctoral scholars or equivalent experienced undergraduate researchers interested in democracy-related issues in Korea and Asia.
Priority Theme for 2017
– Historical evolution of the democracy movement and/or democracy promotion activities highlighting future prospects in Asia
– Historical evolution of democracy movement and/or democracy promotion activities highlighting future prospects in South Asia
– Historical evolution of democracy movement and/or democracy promotion activities highlighting prospects in Southeast Asia (ASEAN) or East Asia (Southeast and Northeast)
Contract Period: 6 months (June to Dec. 2017)
Funding and Benefits
- A one-time stipend of approximately 1,750 USD (2,000,00 KRW) per person.
- Invitation to the Asia Democracy Conference (ADC) (Jakarta, 21-22 Aug. 2017)
- Resources and materials produced by the KDF
- Fellowship Certificate
Roles and Responsibilities
- Self-initiated research on the chosen theme in his or her home country
- An academic paper (between 8,000 and 12,000 words) on one of the priority themes for 2017 before Nov 30, 2017
- Presentation of a draft working paper on the theme at the Asia Democracy Conference (ADC) in Jakarta on 21-22 August 2017. (presenter’s airfare shall be covered by the stipend he or she is to receive from the KDF)
- Application Form: Submitted via MS WORD or PDF File
- Outline of Proposal (150 words)
- Proposal (1500words)
- C.V. (list of academic publications required)
(All documents must be written in English)
- 10 June 2017
- Please send your application and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Applications will be accepted only by email)