Asia Democracy Network
Secretary General (Full-Time)
Application Deadline: 25 September 2017
Asia Democracy Network (ADN) is seeking a highly motivated and qualified person to oversee all operations, functions, and activities in accordance with the vision and mission as the head of the Secretariat. The Secretary General, accountable to the Steering Committee of the ADN, will work remotely in his/her home base country coordinating with staff members across Asia and the headquarters based in Seoul, South Korea.
The position is a three-year commitment and renewable.
- Develop and implement strategies aiming to promote ADN’s mission and vision.
- Create complete organizational plans for the attainment of goals and objectives set by the Steering Committee.
- Nurture and build the organization.
- Build an effective team of leaders by providing guidance and coaching to subordinate managers.
- Ensure adherence to the organization’s daily activities and long-term plans to established policies and legal guidelines.
- Forge and maintain relations of trust with shareholders, partners, and donors.
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the ADN in ways to strengthen its visibility in the region.
- Devise remedial actions for any identified issues and conduct crisis management when necessary
- International experience in civil society and multi-cultural environments
- Excellent knowledge of democracy, human rights, and civil society
- Proven track record in managing a program, team, and partnerships preferably non-governmental or non-profit
- Experience promoting democracy, democratic governance, and human rights
- Experience in capacity development and/or research
- Experience in developing strategies and plans
- Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques
- Strong understanding of regional network, corporate finance, and measure of performance
- In depth knowledge of organizational governance principles and managerial best practices
- Analytical mind capable of problem-solving
- Outstanding organization and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills
- Fluency in English, an additional proficiency of other languages in the region desirable
- Minimum 5 years international working experience
Salary and Benefits: ADN seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits depending on the country of residence and work.
How to Apply: Please send your application form on or before 25 Sept. 2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org with C.V. and two references. In the Subject line please indicate “YOURNAME_ADN SG Application”.
Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About ADN www.adn21.asia
The Asia Democracy Network (ADN) is a civil society led multi-stakeholders’ platform dedicated to strengthening democracy and defending civic space in Asia. The ADN was launched in Seoul, Korea on October 21, 2013, with the aim to strengthen solidarity and collective voice of Asian civil society engaged in democracy, human rights, and development at the global, regional, national, and local level. We envision building a strong regional democracy network and a movement engaged effectively with governments, inter-governmental organizations, and other stakeholders in Asia and beyond. ADN covers a range of thematic issues from election, transparency, human rights, press freedom, development, and peace. ADN has a wide range of reach through regional, sub-regional partners, and their member organizations in Asia. Through cooperation and collaboration with the various stakeholders, ADN strives to enable civil societies in Asia to be vibrant and independent by amplifying advocacy and setting agendas.